Friday, August 28, 2009

Gentle Leaders, thank you!

Again, I find myself deeply grateful and, amazed by the power of a few words.

I had planned four "bio breaks" during the GCC day. These were called "TransZone - breathing space" and I intended leaving the conference lines open whilst I tended to my need for food, drink etc. This, I thought, would allow people to freely chat with each other across the world.

Later, I realised that these sessions would probably be too chaotic and unproductive since nobody knew who was "in charge" and what the specific "topics of conversation" might be. This may not be a problem in a café situation, but over the phone, hmmm?

So, I put out a request by e-mail for "Gentle Leaders to hold the sessions".
Within hours I had eight volunteers, all women.

Ladies, thank you! I can now go and eat, drink, sleep or whatever I need on four occasions during this day, enabling me to be present for the other 20 hours.


Furthermore
After booking three of the four sessions I had just the 7am session left. Opening my e-mails this afternoon there was one proposal... for the 7am session. That's what I call synchronicity.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Write your comment here